List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    [gentoo-user]  Re: Would emerge --sync remove old profiles?
From:       "Anno v. Heimburg" <anno () vonheimburg ! de>
Date:       2008-04-25 17:45:19

Mark Knecht wrote:
> Did this machine just get messed up over time and I didn't notice or
> did emerge --sync remove the profile from the system thus breaking
> everything?

Sync does update profiles, which includes removing old ones that are no
longer supported. I would't go as far as saying it "breaks everything",
after all, all you have to do is to set a new profile and emerge will work
happily again. Do run the next update with -N, though, as the use flags
included in the new profile may have changed versus the old one.