List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo "Install CD" 2008.Feb.08. minimal i686
From:       Erik <esigra () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-02-08 20:35:44

Pongracz Istvan skrev:
> Before somebody starts a new email-war, I want to tell you, I know, this
> kind of "nearly-official" live install CD is not really necessary to
> install a new gentoo system.
It is necessary for us using less common keyboard layouts. The official
Gentoo CD I used to install over 3 years ago included support for
Swedish keyboard layout. Knoppix left that out to have space for some
cruft, so Knoppix is really just for users with the more common layouts
(English, German, Russian and a few more). I do not think that this
problem was mentioned in the recent email-war.