List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    [gentoo-user]  Re: KDE password
From:       "Anno v. Heimburg" <anno () vonheimburg ! de>
Date:       2007-11-24 19:54:29

econti wrote:

> So . . . I unmerged all the single app, unmerged kdebase-kioslaves and
> emerged kdebase.
> Now all works as before.

Wait, I don't get it. You have the single, all-in-one kdebase package
installed (which, to the best of my knowledge, includes all kdebase-*
packages), yet you emerge kdebase-kioslaves? Why? With KDE, either you go
for the all-in-one-big-honking-package approach (kdebase proper), or you
cherry pick what you need from the split packages (the kdebase-* packages).
Same goes for the other kde core packages. If you want to switch from one
big package to several small ones to save on recompiles for small updates,
use kdebase-meta, which installs all of the kdebase split packages.
Installing both the big kdebase package and the split packages makes no
sense, IIRC.

Me, I have all kdebase-* packages installed, but not kdebase.

Anno.