List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Subversion 1.4.3
From:       Nistor Andrei <coder.tux () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-04-30 10:37:23

On Monday 30 April 2007, Johannes Skov Frandsen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have currently installed version 1.3.2-r3 of subversion, but I have
> installed th latest version of subclipse (svn plugin for the eclipse
> platform), and now I can't use svn from the shell.
>
> I get
> svn: This client is too old to work with working copy '.'; please get a
> newer Subversion client
>
> no matter what command i run.
>
> I guess I have to upgrade to a new version of svn, but how  do I explain
> emerge that I want the 1.4.3 version?
>
> runing:
>
> emerge -va subversion
>
> only allows me to reinstall version 1.3.2-r3

Try

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~arch" emerge subversion

Replace arch with your architecture: x86, amd64, whatever...

This is only temporary, next time you'll update world it'l revert to 1.3.2.

To make it permanent, untill 1.4.3 goes stable, add this line
to /etc/portage/package.keywords

dev-util/subversion ~x86