List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] glibc update and CHOST problem
From:       "Richard Fish" <bigfish () asmallpond ! org>
Date:       2006-08-31 18:46:46

On 8/31/06, Neil Isaac <isaac.neil@gmail.com> wrote:
> I do have nptl and nptlonly in USE (that message had a yellow star, so
> I guess it's just a warning) but my CHOST is set to
> CHOST="i386-pc-linux-gnu" in make.conf. How do I correct this problem?

Assuming you are using a processor made in the last 10 years, just set
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu".  You *must* do an emerge -e world after
this, or you may very well break your system.  In fact, I would
recommend just following the gcc upgrade guide [1] and rebuild your
whole system with the new CHOST and gcc 4.1.

-Richard

[1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gcc-upgrading.xml