List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    [gentoo-user] OT - WiFi cards for laptop
From:       Mick <michaelkintzios () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-08-30 15:11:48

Hi All,

I am about to splash out on a WiFi card for my laptop and I have foudn the
whole choice experience daunting.  I would ideally like to be able to also
use this card on the laptop as a wireless access point when I am at home.

Would something like the belkin device below do the trick:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=203586

What's your experiences with 802.11g+, turbo, MIMO, N, N+ and who knows what
other proprietary garbage all these hardware manufacturers are ready to
launch for their M$windoze users?
--
Regards,
Mick