List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge R
From:       Ian Porter <ian () designersoft ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-11-07 21:58:42

Hi,

On Thursday 27 October 2005 12:30, Ian Porter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > You should definitely use these drivers - they're excellent. I'm sure
> > that once you `emerge rt2500` your problems will be resolved. The name
> > of the interface will change from wlan0 to ra0, so you'll need to
> > rename your init.d script & edit /etc/conf.d/net or
> > /etc/conf.d/wireless
>
> Thanks, the rt2500 will be installed once I am back online at home.

Just to say thanks for all of the help and advice on this problem, once I had
done an module-rebuild rebuild and also re-emerge wpa_supplicant, everything
is working fine :). thanks again

I did try to get the rt2500, but
 * Checking for suitable kernel configuration options:
 *   SMP Processors and Kernels are currently not supported
.config file =
CONFIG_SMP=y

I am going to stay with the ndiswrapper at present and keep on checking out
the rt2500 driver in the future.

Thanks again
Ian