List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Ati Linux Proprietary Driver
From:       Justin Hart <justinhart () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-06-30 23:49:26

I, humbly, must disagree.

ATI's drivers have been far behind.  The Radeon drivers, rather than
the fglrx ones, fall short on many fronts.  The ATI fglrx drivers,
have been behind since I got this card.  You still can't run composite
and dri together.

Buying an ATI card for a Linux box is not a good decision.  Go with
nVidia, at least their drivers work.  I've thought of buying an nVidia
card for this notebook for months because, frankly, ATI hasn't been
taking care of the matter, and won't in the forseeable future.

Justin

--
Justin W. Hart