List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    [gentoo-user] Re: Compile error
From:       Charles Trois <charles.trois () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2005-06-15 16:25:22

> Maybe you have old kernel stuff lying around? did you do a make clean first?
>
> you can try disabling the advanced tcpip kernel options till you can resync with a \
> gentoo mirror and get newer/better sources?
> On Mon, 13 Jun 2005, Zac Medico wrote:
>
> > Charles Trois wrote:
> >
> > > Hello!
> > >
> > > While installing Gentoo on my G4 iMac from the Universal 2005.0 disk, I
> > > was able to go as far as configuring the kernel. But, at the make step,
> > > I got this error (text copied by hand):
> > >
> > > net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_fw_compat.c: In function fw_in
> > > net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_fw_compat.c: 83: error: too few arguments to
> > > function 'ip_ct_gather_frags'
> > > [/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_fw_compat.o] Error 1
> > >

> > Hi Charles,
> >
> > That net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_fw_compat.c file doesn't even exist in my 2.6.11 \
> > sources.  If the problem feature isn't needed then perhaps you can simply disable \
> > it in the kernel config.
> > Zac
> >

> --
> Bryan Whitehead
> Email:driver@megahappy.net
> --
> gentoo-user@gentoo.org

Thank you Zac and Bryan!

Looking at the file in question in nano, I saw that it has to do with
firewalls. Scanning menuconfig for something related, I found "network
packet filtering", which was selected. So I unselected it, and after
that all worked well, as far as the installation goes (now I am a bit
stuck with X, but it is another story).

Charles