List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Dual-boot Windows with Gentoo? (say it ain't so)
From:       Richard Fish <bigfish () asmallpond ! org>
Date:       2005-03-31 21:43:03

James Hiscock wrote:

>>Microsoft makes online updating of XP sooo
>>easy....but there is no simple mechanism to store the updates for later
>>re-installations...or to tell the automatic updater to look/store them
>>in a particular directory.
>>

>hmmm... I wonder what this is, then?
>
>http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/default.asp

Don't know.  Link seems to be bad.

Important information.Your requested page cannot be found

blah blah blah blah....

Either that or it requires IE to access the page...

It seems you are pointing out a newer version (V4) of windows update
than what was available to me at the time.  This particular problem
occured in Nov/Dec 2003.  So, maybe I wouldn't have the same problem
today as I had then, but I don't really care either...Microsoft had
their chance.  If not for this problem and a few others like it, I would
be running Gentoo inside of VMWare on XP, instead of XP inside of VMWare
on Gentoo.

-Richard