List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Help emerging xorg-x11...
From:       Adi <adriancapdefier () digifin ! ro>
Date:       2004-12-29 12:50:52

Marţi 28 Decembrie 2004 21:00, Dave Nebinger a scris:
> I just completed a sync the other day and my list of updates appears as:
>
> # emerge --pretend --update --deep world
>
> These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
>
> Calculating world dependencies ...done!
> [blocks B     ] app-text/dgs (from pkg x11-base/xorg-x11-6.8.0-r4)
> [ebuild     U ] x11-base/xorg-x11-6.8.0-r4 [6.8.0-r3]
>
> Obviously I'm blocked from updating xorg-x11 because of the dependency, but
> "emerge -search dgs" returns no results (so no direct packages are
> installed that lead to the conflict).
>
> How can I determine what is blocking the update and resolve the blockage?
>
> Dave

Could be that dgs was removed/renamed from portage while you still had it
installed.
What you could do is check if you have something like
/var/db/pkg/app-text/dgs*/dgs*.ebuild
and then
# ebuild /var/db/pkg/app-text/dgs*/dgs*.ebuild clean

This worked once for me when dcgui was changed to valknut, but on another
computer it didn't worked so I deleted everything that had dcgui in it and
removed it from the world file.

Good luck!

--
Adi