List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Apache2 and PHP
From:       Christian Parpart <cparpart () surakware ! net>
Date:       2004-09-07 13:45:33

On Tuesday 07 September 2004 3:32 pm, Ajai Khattri wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Mike Williams wrote:
> > Also, there is no reason why apache2 has to run in multi-threaded mode,
> > Gentoo defaults to multi-process, so there is *NO* reason why PHP may be
> > unsafe.

I fully agree.

> If you worked for a hosting company would you bet your job on it?
> I wouldn't...
That's it. yet another flaw... however, *I* would bet on my experience I got
with PHP4 and Apache2 => which I got since quite a while.

I'm running multiple PHP applications on it, not to mention phpBB and
tiki-wiki. never had any problem with them regarding to apche2.

greets,
Christian.

--
 15:37:32 up 14 days,  3:17,  0 users,  load average: 0.87, 0.86, 0.87