List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] copy SSH session to console
From:       Christian Parpart <cparpart () surakware ! net>
Date:       2004-09-02 13:51:06

On Thursday 02 September 2004 3:34 pm, Arran Fraser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to log in to a remote machine with SSH, and have everything I see
> copied to the remote computer's console.  (I want to install Gentoo on
> the machine, and someone at that machine wants to watch.)
>
> I have no idea how to do this (I've had no luck with "man script") --
> but I'm confident that Linux can do what I want it to... can anyone
> help?

Have a look at screen multi user support.

emerge screen

Each user you want to be able to watch to your own screen session can now be
added to your $HOME/.screenrc file.
Simple add the line "acladd watcher" to add user "watcher" to the list of
users that may attach to your screen.

Now, user watch may access your screen using the command
 screen -r otherUser/screenName

where otherUser is the name of your user account and screenName the name of
your screen session.

Make sure, that you've enabled multiuser support in file /etc/screenrc.

Have a look into the screen man-page anyway since you can do alot of more with
your screen and multi sessions.

Greets,
Christian Parpart.

--
 15:46:51 up 9 days,  3:26,  2 users,  load average: 0.22, 0.42, 0.39