List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    [gentoo-user] install problem
From:       Arran Fraser <afraser () w3internet ! com>
Date:       2004-07-13 12:35:22

I just finished a stage-2 install using gentoo-hardened kernel sources.
Everything went smoothly until I rebooted.  I used LILO as the
bootloader, which came up and booted the kernel.  I see (paraphrased):

BIOS data check successful
OK, booting the kernel............................

Then the machine reboots.  Obviously I have goofed something up... but I
don't know what.  I've tried recompiling the kernel without any fancy
stuff, and reinstalling the boot record.  Does anyone know what I should
try next?  I don't mind re-installing from scratch if I have to (this
machine has to be done right; it's going to be a firewall), but I don't
want to end up making the same mistake again.

TIA,

-- Arran