List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] No external display with a laptop using nvidia
From:       Andy Herrman <aherrman () andrew ! cmu ! edu>
Date:       2004-06-30 16:51:47

On my laptop (Dell Latitude c840 w/ Geforce 4) I have to hit Fn-F8 (the
button labled "CRT/LCD").  This will cycle between displaying on just
the build in screen, the external monitor, or both.  It's the same as
you have to do in windows.
That's always worked for me.  I'm not sure if your laptop has a similar
key, but I would assume it does.

    -Andy