List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] [OT?] LATEXINPUTS variable not used?
From:       Frank Hellmuth <fhellmuth () yahoo ! de>
Date:       2004-06-06 16:19:23

Am Dienstag, 1. Juni 2004 11:28 schrieb Alan Schmitt:
> Is there some command that should be run to make latex aware of the
> change of LATEXINPUTS? And if so, shouldn't this be in the hevea ebuild?

I'm not an expert, but it looks like teTeX doesn't use LATEXINPUTS (same
for /usr/bin/latex):

$ od -s /usr/bin/tex | grep INPUT
1000225 BIBINPUTS
1000244 BSTINPUTS
1000441 MFINPUTS
1000502 MFTINPUTS
1000552 MPINPUTS
1000704 OCPINPUTS
1000765 OTPINPUTS
1001040 TEXINPUTS
1001455 T1INPUTS
1002145 CWEBINPUTS

Also a grep doesn't give any usefull information:

$ grep LATEXINPUTS /usr/share/texmf/* -R
/usr/share/texmf/source/latex/base/amiweb2c.txt:The LATEXINPUTS: directory is
[...]

The hits are just documentaion files. Since teTeX uses TEXINPUTS I would
something like

$export TEXINPUTS=$TEXINPUTS:$LATEXINPUTS

Frank