List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    [gentoo-user] /dev/sequencer is missing
From:       "Matthias F. Brandstetter" <haimat () lame ! at>
Date:       2004-05-14 0:25:32

Hi all,

I use a sound blaster with the emu10k1 kernel module, no problems so far.

Now I wanted to play a MIDI file, so I re-compiled kernel with MIDI support
for this sound driver, but I still have no /dev/sequencer file after
reboot with the new kernel.

I am running devfsd, and I thought it would create it for me?!
Any ideas here?

Greetings and TIA, Matthias

--
Television -- teacher, mother, secret lover!

		-- Homer Simpson
		   Treehouse of Horror V