List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-dev] 2004.2 Feature Requests
From:       Andy Herrman <aherrman () andrew ! cmu ! edu>
Date:       2004-05-03 17:44:12

I have a requested addition to emerge.  I was thinking it would be
useful to let a user emerge something into their own space.  Basically,
let a user emerge something just for their own use, so it installs in
/home/<userid>/packages or something like that.  Sort of like in windows
where you can install something for just the user who's doing the
install or for everyone in the system.
Not really important, but I thought it would be useful.  Then again, my
reason for using it is that my root partition is full but my home
partition still has a few gig left.

    -Andy