List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Apache2 and php
From:       ken () kenwstevens ! net
Date:       2004-04-27 19:43:40

Hi Micha?!

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Micha? Gleczman wrote:

> And what do you have in /etc/apache2/cnf/modules.d/70_mod_php.conf ?

This is my 70_mod_php_conf file.

<IfDefine PHP4>

    # Load the module first
    <IfModule !mod_php4.c>
        LoadModule php4_module    extramodules/libphp4.so
    </IfModule>

    # Set it to handle the files
    <IfModule mod_mime.c>
        AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
        AddType application/x-httpd-php .phtml
        AddType application/x-httpd-php .php3
        AddType application/x-httpd-php .php4
    </IfModule>

    # Fix some bugs
    <Files *.php>
        LimitRequestBody 524288
        RequestHeader unset If-Modified-Since
    </Files>
    <Files *.php3>
        LimitRequestBody 524288
        RequestHeader unset If-Modified-Since
    </Files>
    <Files *.php4>
        LimitRequestBody 524288
        RequestHeader unset If-Modified-Since
    </Files>
    <Files *.phps>
        LimitRequestBody 524288
        RequestHeader unset If-Modified-Since
    </Files>
    <Files *.phtml>
        LimitRequestBody 524288
        RequestHeader unset If-Modified-Since
    </Files>

</IfDefine>

> How did you install apache with php?

I made sur the USE flag for php was set. I emerged Apache and then I
emerged PHP.

> What  error  do  you  get  when  trying to see the page with phpinfo()
> function?

No error. Just a blank page. I also tried the following:

<head>
<title>Look Out World</title>
</head>
<?php echo 'Hello. World!' ?>

In netscape it shows me a blank page. Mozilla tells me it does not
understand this type of file.

> Where do you placeyour web documents?

The documents I am testing are just in a directory in my user account.

I open a terminal window and I do either of the following:

netscape hello.php &
or
mozilla hello.php &

> And finally, what is 'webmin' bacause I can't understand that word.

Webmin is a web based configuration tool which normally works quite
well for me.

Thanks, Ken

--
To err is human.
To blame someone else for your mistakes is even more human.

www.kenwstevens.net