List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    [gentoo-user] Install problem
From:       Ron Keller <rakeller () shaw ! ca>
Date:       2004-04-04 3:54:16

I have an older machine I would like to install Gentoo on. The hardware
in this machine consists of an 80G HD, and AMD K62/500 CPU and a CDROM
drive.

I downloaded a LiveCD iso (LiveCD-1.4_rc1-r2) and burned it onto a CD.
The CD boots and starts identifying the hardware.  Just after it
identifies the CDROM drive, the install procedure stalls on a line which
reads:

   Partition Check:
       /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0:

Now, I know that the hard drive works.  It's a new drive, and I had no
problem loading mandrake 7.1 on it.  I would just like to put gentoo on
it instead.

Can anyone help me?  Thanks in advance

RK