List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Fetchmail
From:       Michele Alzetta <michele.alzetta () aliceposta ! it>
Date:       2004-02-29 18:35:15

Il dom, 2004-02-29 alle 19:02, patrick.marquetecken@pandora.be ha
scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I'm installing a fresh Gentoo and Fetchmail doesn't download the pop mails from my \
> ISP. It contacts the mailserver user en pwd are ok (can se it with ethereal) but \
> the download does not start. I've used the /etc/fetchmailrc form a working computer

Best way to debug is, from console, as root

fetchmail -vvv -f /etc/fetchmailrc

you'll see where the process fails.

One possibility: I have found that for some combinations of ISP and
fetchmail the auth password option must be given explicitly for things
to work

--
Michele Alzetta <michele.alzetta@aliceposta.it>