List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] OT: just a comment
From:       rh <reg.hughson () sympatico ! ca>
Date:       2004-02-24 18:27:33

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 06:38:10 -0700
Collins Richey <erichey2@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 02:02:00 -0500
> rh <reg.hughson@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> [ snips ]

> By now you have gotten a lot of replies and, thank goodness,
> relatively few flames. Here's my $.02.

> [snip out very valid points]

Admittedly, I thought I would get a few responses but didn't expect to
generate, what at least to me, has been an interesting-to-read thread.
It is nice that I can't say that I would interpret any of the resposnes
thus far as being overtly flaming.

Suffice it to say that, as most peole have pointed out, generally
whatever problem one encounters, it has been encountered by someone
before and likely the solution has been posted somewhere ... it's
finding that 'somewhere' that proves to be difficult at times. What I
have been doing (searching the web, newsgroups and gentoo forums for
my info) before I ask on a mailing list is, of course, a
requirement in the Linux world and is also a defensive move on my part
as I do not like getting the RTFM response that I have seen some throw
out way too easily.

I do thank everyone for their interest though. In the light,
of day, I am back at my Gentoo box relatively happy again. Still
have my two config (I think) problems, but will eventually figure them
out too.