List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    [gentoo-user] My grub is dead
From:       rh <reg.hughson () sympatico ! ca>
Date:       2004-01-31 17:45:37

Hello.

Don't really know what has caused this but my Gentoo box will not
properly re-boot...it stops in the grub shell.

From the shell, I can execute root, setup, kernel, configfile and boot
commands and they all seem to work fine. So as far as I can tell, it is
not a missing kernel problem, is not a missing grub.config file or a is
not a typo in that file, is not a menu.1st issue as I think that it is
pointing as it should be, is not a grub emerge issue as I just emerged
-e my system (this was happening before I did this).

Everything seems in place yet grub will not automatically boot the
system...I have to manually enter the commands each time. Any
suggestions would be appreciated.