List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    [gentoo-user] dependencies that aren't
From:       rh <reg.hughson () sympatico ! ca>
Date:       2003-10-18 1:59:44

Out of curiosity:

If I do a 'dep-clean -UNR', it lists a bunch of stuff that supposedly is not depended \
on by anything else. For example, 'vi'.

Since I don't use 'vi', I unemerged it.

My question is then, why now when I do a 'emerge -u world' does 'vi' get re-emerged? \
Doesn't unemergeing it remove it from the realm of the world? Or does this mean \
something actually does depend upon it? Or am I missing something here?

R.