List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    [gentoo-user] nforce2, ATI, agpgart, and DRI
From:       rh <reg.hughson () sympatico ! ca>
Date:       2003-10-10 9:59:10

One of the issues that I have yet to resolve is getting my ATI 9100 to work perfectly \
under X (2D is fine, no 3D). I have an ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe motherboard and am using the \
latest gentoo-sources and XFree86.

I have tried every combination imaginable when compiling the kernel but have yet to \
get DRI enabled. According to XFree86.0.log, X fails to load agpgart and then fails \
to load radeon and hence, glxinfo reports 'direct rendering: no'.

If there is someone out there who is using this combination and has it working, would \
you mind telling me how you have your kernel configured (which sources you are \
using), whether you are using xfree-drm or ati-drivers and how you have X configured.

I've lived without it for a while now but am back to tinkering again.

Thx.