List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    [gentoo-user] Xset dpms not causing shutdown
From:       Jonathan Singer <jsinger () genome ! wi ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2003-04-30 20:28:11

I have xset set to blank, sleep and shutdown the (CRT) monitor. xset q shows
the correct value and xset +dpms turns on Energy Star features. The monitor
never turns off, though, and only goes black. Testing with 'xset force off'
or 'xset force suspend' also blanks the screen but doesn't cause the monitor
to power down.

Is there a kernel option or an XF86Config setting I need to use?