List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    [gentoo-user] Odd problem with KDE 3.1 Beta2 after emerging XFree86 4.2.1
From:       Dan Stone <dan () headzofstate ! com>
Date:       2002-10-22 18:40:17

So, yesterday, after doing an emerge rsync, I noticed that a new XFree86
package was available.  I went ahead and did an emerge -u world, as there
were a couple other unrelated packages that had been updated also, and then
let it go do its thing.  After X had finished compiling, I restarted my X
session so that the new version could load.  And here's where the weirdities
start.  In all KDE apps, italic text slants up at about a 45 degree angle,
and over-writes other text, gets cut off when it leaves the window, etc.!
Mozilla doesn't exhibit this behavior; I've seen it so far in Konqueror,
KMail, and KWord, however. =\  Has anyone seen anything like this?  Thanks!

~D. A. Stone