List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] 1.4 -- Real Soon Now(TM)?
From:       Dan Stone <dan () headzofstate ! com>
Date:       2002-08-21 6:39:37

On Tuesday 20 August 2002 06:20 pm, DiOz wrote:
> if you have a 1.2 iso you may modify the iso just changing the tarballz
> right?? (well i guess it must work... but as well i am not so expert :P)
>
> Have a nice day :)
>
> PS: is 1.4 already stable? (if is i will download now ;))

I believe the major difference would be that the ISO image for 1.4 will have
been built with GCC 3.2 from the start, and so there wouldn't be any
weirdities involved in the upgrade process when you do an emerge rsync and
bootstrap during the installation process...I have no idea if the stage
tarballs up right now are the final ones, though -- they could be in a hidden
directory for more reasons than the non-existence of the ISO's, for all I
know...=)

~D. A. Stone