List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Extra keys on Microsoft Natural keyboard.
From:       Dan Stone <dan () headzofstate ! com>
Date:       2002-08-06 21:51:12

On Tuesday 06 August 2002 02:26 pm, Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 04:26:58AM +0000, John wrote:
> > Has anyone found a way to bind the extra buttons on a M$ natural
> > keyboard to work? Is there a howto?
> >
> > I would really like to use these buttons if at all possible.
> > Thanks!
>
> Bind them in what? I use my Win and menu key in fluxbox all the
> time...

That's odd...I used to be able to use my win key as a modifier key in KDE with
my old installation, but I'm not able to do so after installing Gentoo...is
there a certain keymap that has to be installed in order to allow it?  The
menu key works, but not as a modifier; I used to have win+arrow keys change
desktops, for example, and win+t open a terminal, etc...KDE doesn't seem to
recognize the keypress anymore...

~D. A. Stone