List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo as server, some questions
From:       Alex Huth <ahuth () lanworks ! de>
Date:       2002-07-31 13:59:48

Hi Leon!
> On Wed, 2002-07-31 at 19:40, Leon Versteeg [SQR] wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to run gentoo on my server.
> > But i have some little problems to which i cannot find the answers.
> > Maybe you can help me.
> >
> > It there an ebuild for a good firewall?
> > And if there is , will it enable internet forwarding for me?

Please remember taht you ask for two different things.

a) IP-forwarding
b) good firewalling

For both you will find the iptables. IP-Forwarding with NAT is a easy going
thing. A good firewall takes time to learn about the releated stuff !!! If
you don't want to learn and will trust some programmer try "fwbuilder"

So long ...

Alex Huth