List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Mozilla, TrueType fonts and Xft...
From:       Martin Schlemmer <azarah () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2002-06-20 1:33:12

On Wed, 2002-06-19 at 11:07, Alexander Kellett wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 10:27:53AM +0200, Alexander Kellett wrote:
> > there are seperated source versions of render, fontconfig, and xft
> > lying somewhere on either keith's of blizzards site. therefore, i'm
> > not certain that you need all of xfree :)
>
> http://keithp.com/fonts/pub/fcpackage.02-06-18.15-24.tar.gz
>
> to be exact.

I tried to get this working, but seems there is issues with moz-1.0 and
the patch, as it do not link correctly.  Also, the new libXft stuff is
not 100% compadible with the older, causing pango/gtk+-2.0 and QT to
be build without AA support :(  It could be only me, but ill rather
stick to the nearly 100% AA we have now in Moz, then break Gnome2 or
KDE.

--

Martin Schlemmer
Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Developer