List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    [gentoo-user] Apps hang when printing from X?
From:       Greg <gregf () rogers ! ca>
Date:       2002-04-30 23:51:44

I recently reinstalled Gentoo and now I can't seem to print anymore from
X using cups. I can print from when using lpr on a text file, and root
can print from X without trouble. Tried KDE and gnome apps along with a
few others such as nedit printing using the lpr command and they all
fail... I had the same setup before and was able to print. I have added
myself to the lp group as well.

Using cups with gimp-print on a Epson 860.
Did see any answers in the mailing list or forums.

Greg