List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    [gentoo-user] ataraid: raid 0 on highpoint 370 boot problem
From:       "Kris Hofmans" <kris.hofmans () pandora ! be>
Date:       2001-12-31 23:08:37

Hi,

I have successfully installed gentoo linux on my raid0 array
on the highpoint 370 controller of my kg7 motherboard.

Now when I had to install grub it wouldn't accept
/dev/ataraid/disc0/part8 as /boot
And /dev/ataraid/disc0/part9 as / (Note that I have never worked with
grub before
yesterday but tab key an man helped a lot)

So I tried good old lilo creating a lilo.conf file using man lilo.conf
But when I run /sbin/lilo it returns an error: 0x101 is not the correct
partition type
And is not suitable to install the master boot record (or something like
that)

I was wondering if someone has gotten gentoo to boot successfully with
grub or lilo
>From a raid 0 array from a highpoint 370 controller.

Sincerely
Kris