List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    [gentoo-user] Problems on first boot
From:       "Joe Thompson" <thojo () foxwaredesign ! com>
Date:       2001-11-24 7:45:23

All:

I have tried twice to install Gentoo and have failed both times at the first reboot \
after the install. I have followed the instructions to the letter, but still received \
multiple errors on boot up, ultimately leading to a "Kernel panic: Attempted to kill \
init" error. There are many reference messages about Read-only file system and cannot \
remove directories or No such file or directory..

Any help would be appreciated!