List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] login error message
From:       Martin Schlemmer <azarah () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2001-11-19 22:25:29

On Tue, 2001-11-20 at 00:02, Joshua Pollak wrote:

> It just seems Gentoo has found the perfect balance between do it yourself and
> cushy plush distros, and has a "best of both worlds" solution to many things,
> including package handling and init script dependancies. I was thinking that
> with an automatic/user friendly config option, it would be the best at both
> worlds for a larger audience. I mean, if you can shut the auto-config off,
> you keep the intended developer/sysadmin audience, but if you have an
> auto-config option, you can draw people away from other distros more easily.
> ;)

True :)  Anyhow, I was just trying to explain some of the
reasoning behind things as I see it.

Keep in mind that Gentoo is still in development, and that
there is some key features we want to sort out first, before
we will get to details like this.  If you really want to know
if, how, and why, speak to Daniel sometime :)

Thanks for the ideas, I am sure it will get some thought into
the future when we get there :)  Anyhow, thanks for using,
hope you enjoy :)

Greetings,
--

Martin Schlemmer
Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Developer