List:       gentoo-sparc-dev
Subject:    Re: Keywords need updating
From:       Jack Morgan <jmorgan () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2002-12-14 3:39:53

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 09:15:48PM -0600, Manson wrote:
> We need everyone to change keywords ... please change ~sparc to sparc in all
> euilds that contain it. We have tested all ebuilds that are ~sparc keyworded and
> all of them compile/install/appear to work fine in almost every system.
>
> Please try to have these removed if at all possible by sunday evening-ish, of
> course that all depends on your location.

The best way to do this is...

1) get gerk's portigate.py script from ~gerk/3.0/

./portigate.py --shortlist --keywords ~sparc > sparc_testing.txt

Then look through this file for all ~sparc ebuilds

2) checkout gentoo-x86 modules

*hints/instructions can be found at:
http://cvs.gentoo.org/~jmorgan/dev/cvs_introduction

3) example of editing the ebuild

cd sys-apps/silo
vi sys-apps/silo-1.2.6.ebuild
	#change  KEYWORDS="~sparc" to KEYWORDS="sparc"
Vi Changelog
	Add a line like this
	14 Dec 2002; jack Morgan <jmorgan@gento.org> silo-1.2.6.ebuild :
  	Changed ~sparc keyword to sparc