List:       gentoo-sparc
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-sparc] OpenOffice 2.3.0 on SPARC
From:       Jim Watson <jim () amarooas ! com ! au>
Date:       2007-09-28 22:01:33

Jim Watson wrote:
> Alex Buell wrote:
>> -L/var/tmp/portage/app-office/openoffice-2.3.0/work/ooo/build/OOG680_m5/solenv/unxlngs/lib
>>

> That tells the version of source code is OOG680_m5
>
>> cd ../../unxlngs.pro/lib && regcomp -register -r pyuno_services.tmp -c
>> typeconverter.uno -c invocation.uno -c reflection.uno -c
>> introspection.uno -c invocadapt.uno -c proxyfac.uno -c
>> pythonloader.uno /bin/bash: line 1: 29606 Segmentation fault
>>

> That is the relevant part of the log.  Next step is search the
> OpenOffice.org issues for some issue containing those words "pyuno"
> "regcomp" "segmentation" "fault" . I will have a look on the weekend
> and start a sparc build of that source version here ... takes a few days.
>
> jim
pyuno builds Ok here with the upstream sources on sparc.
I think gentoo use the ooobuild system? This uses patches to the
upstream sources.
http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/ooo-build/trunk/patches/src680/

Searching at OOo and debian suggests this might be relevant:

Have you got that patch applied: ooo80816.selinux.bridges

if so, remove the patch and rebuild and deliver module bridges. then try
pyuno again
this is how to rebuild a module upstream - hopefully it works for you:

$ cd /var/tmp/portage/app-office/openoffice-2.3.0/work/ooo/build/OOG680_m5
$ source LinuxSparcEnv.Set.sh
$ cd bridges
$ rm -rf unxlngs.pro
$ build
$ deliver
$ cd  ../pyuno
$ rm -rf unxlngs.pro
$ build
$ deliver

Now restart the build. there should not be any need to clean.

Plan B:
If it fails without that patch, try and get a backtrace in pyuno
Source the environment as above and copy the failed commands
Except use regcomp.bin in place of regcomp

$ cd pyuno
$ cd unxlngs.pro/lib
$ gdb --args regcomp.bin -register -r pyuno_services.tmp -c \