List:       gentoo-sparc
Subject:    [gentoo-sparc] Re: Sparc status
From:       Kumba <kumba () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2007-09-02 8:28:30

Ferris McCormick wrote:
> As most of you know, both Weeve and gustavoz have either retired or
> announced their retirement from gentoo.  That left sparc with no TLP
> lead.  For the moment, I am assuming the position of sparc project lead.
> Sparc typically chooses its leads for one year terms starting at the
> first of the year.  There is no reason I can see to change this, so
> early in 2008 sparc will again establish a lead or leads for the normal
> one year term.

O.o

Vanish away to play Metroid 3 and all sorts of stuff changes around here.  What
next, the return of jmorgan and wesolows? (wouldn't that be a twist).

Hmm, guess I'll have to fire the old blade back up soon then, and actually boot
it off a real kernel, not a netboot this time.

--Kumba

ps., anyone know what prompted gustavoz' retirement?  It seemed rather sudden.
I must've really missed something.

--
Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead

"Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands
do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere."  --Elrond