List:       gentoo-sparc
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-sparc] Sun Gem (RIO GEM r01) errors...
From:       BRM <bm_witness () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2006-04-04 22:42:53

--- Paul Heinlein <heinlein@madboa.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Apr 2006, BRM wrote:
> > I am aware that the network the system is running
> on is suppose to
> > be full duplex, 100 Mbps. However, I have noticed
> that the
> > card/driver seems to think it is half-duplex.
> Could this simply be a
> > duplexing issue? I have no control of the switch
> it is plugged into
> > (so far as settings go), but have not been able to
> find a way to get
> > ifconfig to force it to full-duplex. (We've
> typically built the
> > driver into the kernel.)
> ethtool is the utility you want to setting
> speed/duplex, e.g.,
>    ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full autoneg off

Thanks. That did the trick. Unfortunately, I am not
able to pull from portage due to an authenticated
firewall being in the way. (We tried the instructions
for the proxy, but it didn't work.) Any how, for
anyone interested, you can also get the software from
the following link:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gkernel/

Thanks,

Ben