List:       gentoo-sparc
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-sparc] Fire V490 / UltraSparc IV+
From:       Sascha Lucas <sascha.lucas () rus ! uni-stuttgart ! de>
Date:       2006-02-08 19:29:57

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, Kumba wrote:
> Looks like it's silo in this case.  You might want to post this to the
> sparclinux mailing list and see if anyone there might know what silo is doing
> wrong (and maybe has patches).

Thanks. If silo is responsible, what other possibilities do I have to load
the kernel? Please excuse, but it's the first time I'm working with sparc.
What about:

- boot rom: can it load and run the kernel from disk/cdrom without silo

- grub: solaris 10 now uses a patched grub (patch sent to grub folks).
   something known/usable?

- boot net: the experimental tftpboot image... I will try this, but don't
   know what the image is (just kernel+initramfs? for the case I need a
   newer/other one)

Sascha.