List:       gentoo-sparc
Subject:    [gentoo-sparc] xorg-x11-6.8.0-r4 now going stable for sparc
From:       Ferris McCormick <fmccor () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2005-01-20 17:18:19

The recently modified ebuild for xorg-x11-6.8.0-r4 has just rebuilt and
installed xorg-x11 successfully for me.  So, as promised, -r4 is now
going stable for sparc.  As part of this, there is also an opengl-update
update, and profiles are changing to include dlloader as a default USE
flag.

sunffb (Creator or Elite graphics) users:  Please do not forget to add
   Load  "cfb"
   Load  "cfb32"
to the modules you load (in xorg.conf).

All: Please check /usr/X11R6/lib after the upgrade to make sure it is
a symbolic link to /usr/lib.  If it is not, you have something left over
  in /usr/X11R6/lib which shouldn't be there.  You will have to correct
this manually and then establish a symbolic link thus:
/usr/X11R6/lib -> ../lib/

At the same time, I am closing my 6.8.0 tracking bug at 63994, and will
be opening a new one to track 6.8.2.  (If you want to play with
sunffb+xaa, the patch is still at 63994, but I will move a copy of it
once I have everything set up.)  However, any bugs against 6.8.0-r<any>
should now be reported individually, not on 63994.

Feedback welcome.

--
Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@gentoo.org>
Developer, Gentoo Linux (Sparc)