List:       gentoo-sparc
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-sparc] Free afb.ucode for Creator3D and Elite3D
From:       Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2005-01-12 18:38:45

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:06:42 +0100 Daniel van Eeden <daniel_e@dds.nl>
wrote:
| Please sign this:
| http://www.petitiononline.com/afbucode/petition.html
| and forward this url.

Not sure that we really care that it'd be under an OSI approved licence.
I seriously doubt that'd ever happen. Unlike certain other distros, we'd
be quite happy with binary firmware so long as we could redistribute it
ourselves... Somehow I think Sun are far more likely to allow that than
opening up all their firmware code...

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm