List:       gentoo-sparc
Subject:    RE: [gentoo-sparc] ALSA support on sparc
From:       Leif Sawyer <lsawyer () gci ! com>
Date:       2004-11-26 23:47:37

Jeremy Huddleston continues:
>On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 20:52 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
>> You're not the only person to report that, but the g-d-s maintainers
>> don't believe us since they're supposedly not touching the keyboard
>> stuff...
>
>Can you try d-s-2.6.7 to see if your keyboard works there?  I'm helping
>dsd with g-d-s now for sparc related goodies, and I want to squash these
>annoying bugs, but unfortunately, I can't reproduce the keyboard bug...
>so if you could verify that it works in d-s-2.6.7, that will be a start
>to know whether or not it's from one of the gentoo patches...

Sure.  I'll give it a download and see what happens.   Fortunately my
WinXP workstation here at the office is about to blow up, so while I'm
re-installing that, I can play on my sparc some more.

Bad news on v2.6.9 -- didn't even boot. Heck, didn't look like it even
initialized the CPUs.  And there's way too much involved in backporting the
serio stuff.  At least for me.  I'm only LKH--, in geek code.

Leif