List:       gentoo-sparc
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-sparc] Live CD boot problem - 2004.1 vs. 1.4
From:       Gustavo Zacarias <gustavoz () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2004-08-20 20:42:01

John Altstatt wrote:

> I saw exactly the same message when trying to boot the image I downloaded.
> I was able to boot the purchased CD without any problems, though. The
> purchased
> CD claimed to be the same image, 2004.1, but obviously it isn't.
>
> BTW, I was using the keyboard and framebuffer as oppossed to the serial
> console.

At one point after packaging and making 2004.1 available it was
discovered that the shipped silo had problems booting on some ultras.
There was a fixed 2004.1 ISO that was shipped from the store and made
available on my devspace. That's the reason the ISO in the mirrors is
different from the one in the store.
As of some time now, there's a 2004.2 CD available which has a
proven-good silo, i suggest (Alex) you try getting that one to install.
Best regards.

--
Gustavo Zacarias
Gentoo/SPARC & HPPA monkey