List:       gentoo-sparc
Subject:    [gentoo-sparc] Re: [gentoo-dev] More on portage 2.0.50 (4)
From:       Ferris McCormick <fmccor () inforead ! com>
Date:       2004-02-07 4:35:23

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004, Ferris McCormick wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Mike Frysinger wrote:
>
> > On Friday 06 February 2004 08:44 pm, Ferris McCormick wrote:
> > > When you force a corresponding upgrade to gentoolkit-0.2.0_pre5,
> > > etcat becomes broken:
> >
> > > unlink:    /usr/lib/portage/pym/portage_db_template.pyc
> > > open_wr:   /usr/lib/portage/pym/portage_db_template.pyc
> > > unlink:    /usr/lib/portage/pym/portage_db_flat.pyc
> > > open_wr:   /usr/lib/portage/pym/portage_db_flat.pyc
> >
> > did you look in bugzilla ?  i remember seeing these things before and i kind
> > of remember them being arch-specific, but i also remember them being
> > fixed ...
> > -mike
> >

> I don't know if it was architecture specific, but at one time it was
> fixed.  This was just reported as new by someone else on this mailing
> list, too, (at about 00:00GMT), so I decided to pile on, because
> it seems to be back with portage 2.0.50.  I'll know in a while,
> because I temporarily reverted to 2.0.49-r21, and am trying perl again.
>
> But that takes a while.

OK, 2.0.49-r21 can do perllib+perl, but portage-2.0.50 gave all those
unlink: messages.  I don't think this is a fluke, since I am the second
person in about 6 hours to notice this (previous mail was to gentoo-dev).

I am copying gentoo-sparc on the off-chance it is architecture related,
but having it reported in more than one location would seem to make
that unlikely.

For now, I am staying on 2.0.49 until 2.0.50 gets wider dispersion,
since it just went to stable.  (Because of the python upgrade and
several other packages unrelated to python also wanting upgrades,
right now I have a significant amount of work for portage to do.)

If you need anything more or if you need a bug report, let me know,
but I don't have enough information to write a very meaningful
bug report at this time.

Regards,

--
Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <mccormickf@abanet.org>