List:       gentoo-sparc
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-sparc] 2.6.1 keymaps
From:       Ralph Mitchell <rmitchell () eds ! com>
Date:       2004-01-19 13:31:19

That's with an actual Sun keyboard+screen, right?  Not serial consoles?

Not that it's going to make much difference to me, because I can't get
2.6.1 to boot on my E450, with either sparc-dev-sources or
gentoo-dev-sources.  Did the emerge, copied the working .config from
2.6.0, did "make oldconfig" and answered all the new bits with "no".
Kernel and modules built OK, but when I boot it, the only output I get
is the first couple of messages saying "loading the kernel", "booting
the kernel", then:

    PROMLI

In 2.6.0, the very first line output by dmesg shows:

    PROMLIB: Sun IEEE Boot Prom 3.16.2 2000/01/11 15:42

After the "PROMLI" message, absolutely nothing works - I can't even
break back to the OK prompt.  All I can do is turn off the power.  I've
tried disabling the PROM console support, I've tried enabling various
combinations of the serial ports.  I have SAB82532 serial hardware, but
I tried turning on the others just in case.

Any suggestions I can take a shot at tonight, when I get in to work?

Ralph