List:       gentoo-sparc
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-sparc] emerge gnome access violation
From:       Jason Wever <weeve () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2003-10-03 23:58:55

On 03 Oct 2003 18:05:10 -0500
Lee <lee@21stcenturybooks.biz> wrote:

> Hi,
> 	I am trying to emerge gnome on an ultra 1.  After many hours of
> compiling it has failed with an access violation.  The only error
> message I have is:
> symlink:	/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/base.pm
>
> 	I change the permissions on that file to 644 from 444 and tried to
> emerge --resume gnome.  It failed again with the same error.  Does
> anyone know how to fix this?

Hi Lee,

This is being caused by problems with the sandbox feature (see make.conf
for more info on sandbox).  You can read up on it at
http://bugs.gentoo.org, bugs #28211 and #29846.

A workaround is to remove sandbox from the FEATURES line in /etc/make.conf

HTH,
--
Jason Wever
Gentoo/Sparc Team Co-Lead