List:       gentoo-sparc
Subject:    [gentoo-sparc] more info re hypersparc smp w/ 2.4.23-pre5
From:       Heitzso <heitzso () growthmodels ! com>
Date:       2003-09-23 20:38:17

now, with framebuffer and console turned off, ...

boot went much, much further, but not to completion

so I'm not clear if I'm just decreasing kernel size
and hence changing where/when the boot crashes
or if I really needed to turn the console option
off

NOTES

ethernet drivers failed to find nics, I'll
recompile w/ the drivers compiled directly
into the kernel instead of as modules and
see what happens

boot message "Console: ttyS0" did appear

the error message
  "zs_open ttyS0, tty overwrite"
appears over and over on ttyS0 (i.e. where
I have minicom watching the ttya serial port)

bootlogd complained of not being able to access
/dev/tty0

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,
Heitzso