List:       gentoo-sparc
Subject:    RE: [gentoo-sparc] Sharing a harddisk between solaris and Gentoo
From:       "Joe Kallar" <blademan () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2003-06-30 19:08:52

To mount your Solaris partition, do the following:
1. In the kernel config, enable --> File Systems  --> UFS file system
support (read only)
2. Recompile your kernel and reboot with the new kernel
3. Mount the partition as "ro" read-only, and/or add the following line into
your /etc/fstab (substitute /dev/sdb1 for your Solaris partition location,
and assuming you created a /mnt/solaris directory) if you'd like the
partition mounted automatically at boot:
<dump/pass>
/dev/sdb1      		/mnt/solaris      ufs             ro		0 0