List:       gentoo-sparc
Subject:    SS5 running on Gentoo SPARC
From:       "Bryant Baecht" <bbaecht () sunflower ! com>
Date:       2003-06-26 21:36:19

Hi all,
     Well, after a few problems, got the SPARC Server 5 up and running stage
3 and booting.  A short list of my issues started with mismatched RAM, but
once past that, the little box finished from stage 1 to stage 3 in ~ 5 days.
Then a couple of issues with Silo ( separate /boot, kernel > 2.5Mb, updated
OPM disk definition ) and voila, it boots.  I'm stoked!!!  Major kudos to
Weeve and BladeMan for the insightful pointers!  Just wanted to pass on that
the little box is up and working.  Got to figure out what I'm going to run
on it but it's up.  WOOHOO!!!!

Bryant

["winmail.dat" (application/ms-tnef)]